Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Seashell Wedding Cake

Today I made a seashell wedding cake for a beach wedding...don't you just love beach weddings...*sigh*...I love weddings. :)  The groom was just here (adorable young man with an Alabama accent)...picked up the cake and asked if the shells were really edible...said they looked real...Mission Accomplished. :)

It begins...all baked and cooling...


My container of seashells.  I made these with homemade marshmallow fondant, pressing them into a mold...with the exception of the sand dollars and some of the star fish which I hand molded...


Icing is ready, cake board is ready...let's get started...


Bottom layer is stacked and iced smooth, now for the top layer...


Get out the hammer, it's time to nail these guys together!

*beep*...*beep*...*beeeep*...we interrupt our regularly scheduled programming with this exciting piece from National Yardographic...
My dog is so amazingly stealth...OR this is a really dumb squirrell (at base of tree)...she got as close as 2 feet before the squirrell ran for his life...

Now then...the cake is stacked and dowelled, ribbon added...time for shells...

Tada!  There ya' have it.  I love their cake topper, it's perfect for a beach wedding!  At the grooms feet there is a heart drawn in the sand and it says "just married" inside...precious!


Details...





Now, to get you guessing...I'm working on my next project...a cake for later this week...do you have any idea what these pieces are????

14 comments:

  1. You did an excellent job my friend. As usual!
    Can I answer that last question? LOL!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. When I find my rich Latin husband will you make my cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed! Those shells are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!! you are AMAZING!!! What a gift you have and how you have blessed this couple!!!

    I simply cannot wait to see what your next project is :)

    YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cake...and you make it looks so easy! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that cake topper - perfect for a beachie cake. Its beautiful. Clever girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone I seem to know makes these wonderful cakes!!!

    And yours is no exception! They shells DO look real!

    And I have to confess, I have never been to a beach wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just so awesome!! I'm really exicted about getting my daughter a cake kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DAWG! That cake looks every bit as great as some I've seen on Challenge! You can Kim should get on that show. LOVE the topper! And the shells!!! I'm gobsmacked!

    Am I the only one going nuts trying to figure out what the pieces are? Some look like little cumberbunds and buttons. Or maybe those are cannonballs? 8-}

    Love ya loads, amazing amiga!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fantastic job on that cake!! It's lovely! And I'm thinking cars of some sort for some reason on your next cake?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful job!

    I think I see a sketch of a whistle in the background, no? The little black things look like they could be parts on a car....could it have something to do with a car race? Do they use whistles in car races or just checkered flags?

    Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! You are soooo talented. Lovely, lovely cake....and I loved the bulletin from National Yardographic. beep beep beep so so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so amazing! You're one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that cake is beautiful. great job.

    ReplyDelete