Friday, November 28, 2008
To laugh some more, check out Friday Funnies at my friend Kim's place... Homesteaders_Heart.
Have a blessed day!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
This picture reminds me of my favorite book "I'll Love you Forever", which I have been reading with my son since he was a baby, and have never been able to get through without crying...
For more Wordless Wednesday posts, visit 5_minutes_for_mom.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Tuesday, my dearest friend in the whole world, Kim, came over (she's not going to the gym if I'm not going, LOL) and we watched a silly movie and had coffee. I did a "typical Kathy" thing and accidentally splattered half n' half all over my kitchen counter (shook the container when the cap wasn't screwed on!). I got to watch her enjoy eating my leftover brownies (I could smell them, but not eat them due to the holes in my mouth).
I couldn't post any recipes this week, because I wasn't able to eat anything but "mushy" stuff (yogurt, applesauce and pureed oatmeal get old after 2 days) and the thought of real food made me want it too badly!
Yesterday I began to feel more able to eat, so I grilled some chicken for lunch. In my "typically Kathy" way, I put the chicken on the grill and turned to walk away, blindly reaching out to close the grill, I completely missed the handle and placed all four of my fingers directly on the sizzling hot grill lid - YUP - blisters on all 4 fingers!!!! Ouch! What was I thinking?
I am quite recoverd now, LOL and ready to enjoy this beautiful day that God has set before me. We are going to take our boat out to the river and watch the Blue Angels perform at the Kennedy Space Center Airshow. I'll be sure to take some photos and video to share.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Texas Bluebonnets on the roadside of Hwy 281 in the Texas Hillcountry...
Blue Plumbago blooming next to our shed...
Blue Salvia in my front garden...
For more Photo Hunt posts, please visit TN_Chick.
Have a blessed Weekend!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures. Your laws endure to this day, for all things serve you. Psalm 119:89-91
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11
All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalm 119:160
Have a blessed day!
For more Thankful Thursday posts, visit Grace-Alone.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Hubby was preparing our RV for a camping trip and when he opened the hood, this is what he found - EEEWWWWWWW!
For more Wordless Wednesday posts, visit 5-minutes-for-mom.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
For more Friday Funnies, visit my Best Friend Kim at HomesteadersHeart
Monday, October 20, 2008
Monday: Tonight we are having Homemade Pizza-Crust using leftover "Shaw" meat and salsa as a topping.
Thursday: Who knows!!! :)
Saturday: 4-layer-pudding-dessert I will most likely make this for a get-together this weekend
Sunday: South-American-Tacos - Sunday we had Mexican food and game day at my best friend Kim's house. I brought this dish and surprised my friend who taught me how to make it (Stacy Shaw). :)
Friday, October 17, 2008
My Grampa Ewing and my Dad...
Me and my siblings...Easter Morning (I'm the funny lookin' baby!)...
Hubby and his siblings, and Mom...(he's the cute little baby)...
My Great Grandmother Bunn...
For my edition of Friday Funnies, I have chosen again to feature my dog... sorry, but she is our endless source of entertainment.
This is from about 3 years ago, when we bought her first frisbee. She felt the need to eat the entire label...
Hope this made you laugh, or at least giggle or smile today! :)
For more Friday Funnies, visit Kim-at-HomesteadersHeart
Saturday, October 11, 2008
She has tagged me with the "5 Things" Game. I am to list 5 things about these specific 5 things and then tag 5 others... so here goes...
10 Years Ago...
1. I was a single Mom...but not 9 years ago...
2. I ate at Wendy's and ordered pizza...Now I like to make things from scratch...
3. I didn't have any gray hair, and said I would never die my hair...Now, I am reconsidering that decision
4. I wasn't as much of a germ freak as I am today...Yes, I wipe my grocery cart handles down...just think about it real hard and you will too...
5. I was just learning what the Internet was...I had never seen "LOL" and never heard of a "Blog"
5 Things on today's "to-do" list
1. Go to the Gym (not gonna happen)…Wash the dog blanket, and all her toys, including the giant fuzzy bear, wash out fuzz from washing machine…...LOL
2. Grill chicken for hubbies lunch...Mmmmmm
3. Work on some sewing projects...Blog giveaway coming up!!! - stay tuned
4. Clean the carpets...Thankful for my steam vac
5. Plant things in the Veggie Patch...It's finally not raining!
5 Snacks I enjoy
1. Chips and Salsa...with a little bit of cream cheese mixed in, MMMMMMmmmmmm
2. Fruit...God's great gift to us - isn't fruit awesome???
3. Kashi Cheese Crackers...Perfect munch snack
5. Chocolate...Ummm, is Ice Cream a snack? :)
5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Set up a fund to World Vision - I love the work they do...
2. Visit my family more often...I miss them all
3. Build a vacation home...or a couple of them, lol
4. Adopt a bunch of kids... :)
5. Change my phone number, LOL...I've heard "old friends"come out of the woodwork, lol.
5 Places I have lived
1. England (age 4-10)
2. El Paso, Texas (5th grade through graduation)
3. Austin, Texas (Air Force days - my old base is now the Austin Airport)
4. San Antonio, Texas (Early 20's)
5. Florida (mid 20's to now)
5 Jobs that I have had / or still have
1. Peter Piper Pizza (first "real" job after HS)
2. U.S. Air Force (Pencil Pusher, lol)
3. Fitness Center front desk (the workout craze days)
4. Waitress (Tip them good, it's a hard job)
5. Wife and Mother (best and most important job in the world)
5 People I am tagging
Sophie Mae at ShabachRock. She is so sweet and super funny, I love reading her life stories and she always has beautiful words to inspire and lift me up. Besides, she reminds me of my Aunt Liz and that brings it closer to home. :)
Katy Lin at TheGreatAdventure, she has the most beautiful smile and such a joy filled heart. Her sweet love for her hubby of one year, and determination to lift up marriage, is wonderful.
Lisa at StopNSmellTheChocolates, because she has become a good online friend. I really love her blog and, of course, Chocolate Fridays!!!! :)
Christina at TheEsselmanFamily. She is a beautiful lady with a keen eye for great photos. I enjoy reading her blog and finding out what's going on in her neck of the woods - TEXAS! :)
Jessica at D&J because I have known her since she was just a young goofy girl and now she is an gorgeous, young married woman!
I chose all of these ladies because I'd love to see how they would answer these questions. Have a blessed day!
Today's Photo Hunt theme is Lazy...here is my take on it, :)
And, of course, my all time favorite photo target, Stormie... she's REAL good at being lazy...
Ahhhh...fuzzy bear is so comfy....
Man,...what was in that water bowl?...
Do you mind? How rude, a little peace and quiet every once in a while would be nice...
Now THIS is living...
Finally, the bed is ALL mine...
For more Lazy Photos, visit http://tnchick.com/.