Sunday, April 18, 2010

Scripture for Sunday ~ Prayer from a Mother's heart...

My son, do not forget my teaching,
But let your heart keep my commandments;
For length of days and years of life
And peace they will add to you.


Do not let kindness and truth leave you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart.
So you will find favor and good repute
In the sight of God and man.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.


Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your body
And refreshment to your bones.

Provrbs 3:1-8

5 comments:

  1. Kathy C,

    Congratulations, You have won a copy of the book, The Wife's Tale from my blog giveaway and I need you to email me with your mailing information so I can get the book shipped out to you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome prayer...scripture. YOur son is handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, Kathy!!! Love Proverbs!!

    And your son is so handsome! How are he and his girlfriend doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, I might write this in my journal as I have two sons.

    Have a fantastic week.

    jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - definitely thinking about this as my son is growing up.

    ReplyDelete