Saturday, January 2, 2010

Now what???

Thanksgiving, Christmas, family visits, New Years,....now what?

I finished taking all the inside decorations down yesterday,...the house looks naked. It's funny how before I decorated, it didn't look naked at all, but once I took down all the colorful lights, sparkling decorations, and jingling bells, it just feels blank. What now?

Is it wrong that I'm already thinking about decorating my house for Valentines? I mean, I'm not gonna do it YET, but I'm thinkin' on it...what "decor" goes with January? It's not cold enough here for "winter" decor, so maybe I should just spend the whole month cleaning...gee...that sounds fun.

Hmmmm, what do you do in January???

I do have some goals...not resolutsions, just goals...I'd like to finish the quilt I've been working on for my Mom (for years)...getting it to her while it's still cold would be a good idea, ya' think?

I'd like to finish up some sewing projects....well, I'd like to START them, and then finish them...

I'd really like to do what I said I was gonna do and following a reading plan to read through the entire Bible in one year...I'm one day behind on that already...ugh! I'll be the first to admit that as much as I've read and studied God's Word in the last 15 years, even though I've read several books over and over, I haven't read ALL of it...*sigh*...

Oh yeah, and then there's that whole "I'm gonna start jogging again"....ya, ya...blah blah blah...but REALLY,...I am, you just wait and see...I'm SERIOUS!!!....it's just that today it feels cold (to me)...and um, I have to type this blog,...and um, this coffee is so warm and yummy,...and these jammy pants are comfy...and um....yup...you know the routine. But really, I AM going to start jogging again. :)

So,....what are you going to do this January? Just curious. :)

Have a beautiful day!

7 comments:

  1. Kathy - I have made New Years resolutions in the past (like 10 years ago). I have never kept them, so I gave up on them. But I do have goals every year.

    I had many attempts on reading the Bible in one year - I even bought one of those Bibles years ago that get you through His word in one year...Didn't work for me either. I usually get discouraged when I start reading Leviticus...I do have a couple of plans that I follow this year, but none will be the Bible in one year - lol...

    What else will I do in January - write out a business plan for my portrait business :)

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the new year :)

    Love & peace,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget we are going to start our bible study together too. And didn't we discuss the reasons why you shouldn't jog. You know OAD (your knees)! LOL.
    Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, sweet thang! What a wild and crazy couple months whirled through the end of the year! What do I do in January? Stop, take a deep breath, try to figure out how to get things back to normal... well, as close to normal as they ever are here. 8-}

    I never make resolutions. All year long, I'm thinking up self-improvement projects and ideas. I'm a real good thinker. LOL! Hopefully, I can finally get my life back on schedule and start actually reading, not just skimming, my sweet friends' blogs and such.

    Love ya loads, sweet thang!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!
    Hope you had a great visit with your son!
    I too always thing my house looks empty. I actually went to Kirklands today to buy some knick knacks since my house looked empty. LOL!

    Happy New Year! And don't beat yourself up on the Bible reading.. God just enjoys any time spent with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks scrumptious!!!!! What flavor is on the inside???

    We just took all the Christmas decorations down today and the spot where the tree was looked bare! But, soon enough, my husband put his congas, djembe, and cajon right back to where they were! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll just decorate a bit for winter. Saw a great idea to put white/cream votive candles & epsom salts in mason jars and mixing with greenery and pinecones. I like the fresh wintery feel of it, so I'll try that. Other than that, I just mix in some browns & whites in the decor.

    Did you go jogging yet - LOL?? I made some healthy goals on my other blog and will do my best to follow them - including getting to bed earlier - ugh!

    I find it stresses me too much trying to follow a Bible reading schedule and then always getting behind. So right now, I just read 1 chapter (in order) in the Old Testament and 1 chapter in the New Testament every time I read - which I'm trying to do daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to eat better and exercise. Not off to a good start. :(

    ReplyDelete