Friday, September 12, 2008

Would you like chocolate with that? - 4 layer pudding dessert

This recipe was given to me by my first Mother in Law, Mary Anglin, who was a sweet and lovely lady. I haven't made this in years, but it is a delicious dessert and great for a crowd.

4-layer Pudding Dessert

Layer #1 - Crust

1 Stick Butter
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Layer #2

1 cup powdered sugar
8oz cream cheese
1 cup (plus) cool whip
chopped pecans

Layer #3

2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk

Layer #4

1-2 cups cool whip (as desired)
chopped pecans
shaved chocolate

Heat ovento 350.

Layer #1; mix all crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan, bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool completely (see my Friday-Funnies post regarding this). Mix pudding and milk, chill.

Layer #2; mix sugar, cheese and cool whip well, spread on cooled crust, sprinkle with pecas.

Layer #3; spread chilled pudding over first layer.

Layer #4; spread cool whip over pudding layer. Sprinkle well with pecans and/or chocolate shavings. Chill and serve.

Variation: Can add coconut or use instead of pecans.


For more Chocolate Recipes, visit Stop-N-Smell-The-Chocolates

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! I'm getting so many good chocolate recipes - I don't know how I'll try them all. But I'll work on it. :)

    ReplyDelete