Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Friendship




I am Thankful for my Best Friend!


I know that my dearest friend Kim, has been waiting and waiting and patiently waiting for me to post about her, LOL. OK, maybe she hasn't been waiting that long, but she should, because she has been a great blessing in my life.







The day I met Kim, we were assigned to teach together in a Sunday School class. It was as if an immediate spark of friendship were ignited that would never go out, it seemed as if we had been friends forever already. We must have called eachother daily from that point on (I think her husband was a little jealous). Never in my life have I met someone that I clicked with that well.









We have been there for eachother in times of pain and sorrow and in times of great joy. She was my Maid of Honor when I married my prince. Making a lovely spagetti dinner for our rehearsal dinner.




She allowed me to witness the birth of her 11 lb 2.5 oz child!!!! (Something every woman should see once in a lifetime, lol), used a goofy photo of my husband as her "focal point", lol. During this time she had all the nurses laughing and smiling




She patiently (sort of, lol) allowed me to teach her to crochet, and sew. And handled my instruction when I insisted that reading directions was really quite important...






We have cried in eachothers arms over deep sorrows that have come into our lives, and laughed until tears ran down our faces, we have eaten way too many brownies, rice krispy treats, almond joys and cookies for our own good (but that's all in the past...LOL)...



Many of you have come to know and love her through her homesteadersheart, but I am here to tell you that she's the real deal (just in case you were wondering). She brings laughter to just about every moment in life, and makes others laugh along with her. We work out together at a womens gym, and I have never laughed so much during a workout in my life! There is nothing like joy and laughter to remove muscle pain and make time go by.



In many ways, we are quite different. But those differences are what helped to draw us closer, learning from eachother and with eachother we have both grown in our relationship with our Lord Jesus so much over the years. We have shared with eachother and grown in our marriages, freindship and as Moms.





I couldn't imagine life without a friend like Kim, but let's all try to remember that she's MINE, LOL. Find your own Kim. :) Hee hee hee. If you can't find a friend like Kim, be one and bless someone's life.





P.S. She better NEVER move away from here!!!!!



"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Prov 15:30


See more Thankful Thursday posts here...stingmyheart




Have a blessed day!















6 comments:

  1. It's all true I can vouch for it lol. Oh my friend you are truly a blessing in my life as well! I don't know what I'd do without you! Now go correct your spelling errors lol!
    Signed your editor!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming form one that knows her - she is a hysterical person! Luv it!!!
    (i also love how she told you to correct spelling... too funny)
    I and my best friend have been friends for almost 20 years ourselves. I LOVE HER! What better way to go through life than with a best "girl"friend.. (I quote girl bc I also think of my hubby as my best friend)
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so blessed to have such a beautiful friendship! And I love following both of your blogs and seeing evidence of your great friendship.

    I love how you have so much laughter - it really makes life a little brighter, I think!

    Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tribute! I love her too and I don't have the blessing of knowing her in person just through blog land. I'm thinking of moving her to Texas, if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great tribute to your best friend. Once you get a good one, hold on to 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two of you are incredibly blessed to have such an amazing and wonderful friendship!

    ReplyDelete