Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday

Sometimes it's easy to get suckered into buying a lot of kitchen gadgets that we THINK we will use a lot, but then we never really do. They take up drawer, counter or cabinet space and get in the way - next thing you know, we are donating them to Goodwill or piling them in the garage for the next garage sale.
Well, here is a handy kitchen gadget that I absolutely love and I use it A LOT. I got this from the Pamered Chef, it's an olive and cherry pitter. I love Kalmata olives on my salads and for various other dishes. In addition, when cherries are in season, we love to eat them for snacks, or to make small portions of cherry jam or fresh cherry pie.

This little guy is super simple to use and was well worth whatever I paid for it (can't remember, I've had it for quite a few years).


Just set the olive in the pitter with the pointed end facing down...



Squeeze the pitter and the pit pops out the bottom end through the hole...




Same for cherries, set it in the "bowl", stem end facing up...



Press, and Voila! the pit pops out the bottom.




Warning: Notice where my index finger is in the above photo. Don't let your finger cover the hold under the olive, as the tips of the Kalmata Olive pits are very sharp. I have popped one right into my finger and it has splintered in there and left a pin size hole - OUCH! Cherry pits are nice and round. :)


I highly recommend this kitchen gadget. For more WFMW posts, visit...rocksinmydryer


Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have that as we don't eat a lot of olives or fresh cherries, but it is very cool! They have some of the best gadgets and they last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That def looks like it works for you! Yummy olive! I think one of my favorite tools is my fruit squeezer. Definitely makes baking key lime pies or lemonade a LOT easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered if those things really work. I hate olives, but Duller is crazy about them. Maybe next cherry season, I'll give it a go and make the guys happy with fresh turnovers.

    I have posted a little thumbs-up for you here. 8-]

    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete