Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday - Tropical Storm Fay



This little storm is bringing in plenty of rain and wind. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as good size storms go for our parts, and at least there isn't any lightening! woo-hoo! :)


Today I decided that since the gym was closed and I wanted to finish up some sewing crafts for a special lunch this weekend, I needed to run over to Joann Fabrics - stormy or not! :)


The roads were VERY full of water, so it was interesting. Plenty of wind, but no lines down or anything crazy like that. JoAnns was open (I called first), and I got what I needed just before they decided to close early. As I ran out to my car I got soaked by a nice thick rain band that decided to fall at THAT moment, lol - oh well - I didn't melt. :)



Me and my soaked jeans! :)






So, first thing after changing clothes, I decidedto warm up a nice bowl of leftover homemade chicken noodle soup, check here for my recipe...KathysChickenNoodleSoup


The most interesting thing I saw on my way home was a man jogging. Let me tell you, the rain is coming down as if I was starring in a 1940's movie titled One Dark And Rainy Night. It was POURING, the roads and sidewalks were at least 6 inches deep with water. This guy had on his jogging shoes and running shorts and didn't seem to notice the rain at all. Every step he took this huge splash came up, it was pretty funny - wish I had my camera!!!!


I made it home safe and sound...here are a few not so exciting photos from this storm...



One of my pretty plumeria plants (this one is almost a tree) became uprooted by the wind. Well, I have been wanting to move it to a new location, so I guess I should be thankful - no digging required. :)







My puppers Stormie, wondering why we have a swimming pool on our back porch!!!!




Out front the rain was coming down pretty hard and the wind was doing it's thing...





This is inside the porch, the screen door leading out to the yard, my feet are in a couple of inches of water...






Oooops.... I guess I should have taken down that plant, it got upturned by the wind and now it is on top of another plant - yikes - I'll have to repair this mess tomorrow...





Two views of my planting area just outside of the back screen porch. There is a step up where you see the cement change color, the water is all the way to the top of the step, about 5 inches.







Have a blessed, and dry, day!










For more Tackle It Tuesday Posts, visit 5minutesformom



3 comments:

  1. You must be used to the storms to go out shopping on a day like this! lol Glad you made it back okay -- and hope you don't have anything worse to come!

    Thanks for stopping by today. I really enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend. Nice pictures. I like your toenail color. Should I coordinate my toe nail color with my dress for Saturday?lol. Our rain gauge has picked up over 10" of rain so far. I'm ready for it to stop now lol. So my daughter ate 3 pieces of pizza huh.....click...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for all the pictures, it's amazing to see what is going on down there! We are dry as a bone here...way too hot, 106.

    ReplyDelete