Thursday, February 4, 2010

Talkin' About...I laughed so hard when...






This is my first time linking up to "Talkin' About Thursdays", hosted by Genny at My Cup 2 Yours


The topic is to be something that made you laugh hard, and after digging deep, I found something that you didn't have to "be there" to get, LOL.


My son is 20 years old now, and I'm sure he totally appreciates that I have had so much FUN raising him *snicker*...


When I was a single Mom, he was in public school, and I remember this particular day in Kindgergarten...


I was waiting in the "car loop", about 5 cars back from the pick up location, when I spotted my precious little boy.  He stood there all of 3 feet tall, proud as could be.  That day he was wearing his blue jeans and a blue, red and white striped, collared short sleeve top...I remember it vividly, and I still have it in a box somewhere.  I could see there was something wrong with his shirt and I focused in on it, when I realized what it was...


It was shredded. 


Yup.  You read that right.  He stood there, all smiles, as if nothing in the world was different from that morning when I had dropped him off.  Backpack over his shoulders, macaroni art in his hands, and the entire front of his shirt, shredded.  Now, we're not talking about a little rip or tear, it literally looked as though a tiger had repeatedly clawed his shirt.  I began to cry....oh, they weren't sad tears.  I was sitting my car all alone looking like a crazy woman because I was laughing out loud so hard that my face was covered in tears.


As the cars began to move, I knew I had to compose myself and become "Serious Mom" before I got to the pick up point.  I wiped my tears and choked back the laughter as the teacher opened up the door and my happy-go-lucky little guy plopped himself into the car.  I asked very non-chalantly what had happened to his shirt, to which he replied, (as if it were a normal occurance)...


"My scissors got loose."




Watch out for those crazy scissors, they are lurking, just waiting for an unsuspecting child to turn their heads!  LOLOLOL...


Have a Laughter filled day!


10 comments:

  1. That is one of the cutest stories ever! Thanks for the laugh. What a great way to start the morning. :)

    I am so glad you joined in and shared today! :)

    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you still have the shirt AND thought it was funny at the time! Good job, Mom! My daughter loves mud, so I finally just learned to laugh vs. getting upset when she ruined a dress :-) It's only clothing! MIKI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that story. Oh my Cris! You gotta love him!
    See you in a little my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that story. "my scissors got loose". Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! What a great story - kids are so funny! Thanks for sharing a great laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! LOLOLOL!!!!! He is such a boy, huh? That was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, that's adorable. he's a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that is so funny!
    BTW...my package arrived today. Thank you so much! So many goodies! And the apron is too cute! I plan to use it all on Valentine's Day so look for a post about that soon afterward. Thanks again! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!

    That is so great! Which is one of the reasons I love being a mom. :)

    PS I love the picture of that boy! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, I love this, is it so funny and so cute.

    ReplyDelete