Thursday, July 3, 2008

I want to be a crown...

A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones. Proverbs 12:4 NIV

A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. Proverbs 12:4 KJ

Wow! Those are strong words. As wives, we have a great responsibility. When people see our actions, hear us speak, see how we dress, watch how we treat our husbands, our children and all others, they see not only us, but they see our husbands as well.

Who we are and how we conduct ourselves is a direct reflection on the men we love. When we are noble and virtuous, we will be morally pure, modest, honest, good, loving, gentle, patient, kind and generous, and then we will be as beautifully adorned crowns placed gently on the heads of our husband's.

However, when we are grouchy, impatient, unkind, selfish, ungiving, and dress immodestly, we harm not only ourselves and our reputations, but we harm the men we love. It would break my heart to ever think that I could act in a way that would be a disgrace to my husband, or that would make him ashamed.

What do you want to be to your husband? How do you want to reflect him? As a shining crown or a rottenness? I know I want to be a crown for my husband. I want to strive daily to be a joy both inside and outside of my home, to let my every action, word and thought be like precious stones set into sparkling gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment