Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Anatomy of a Cake…

IMG_6742

This past weekend, I was honored to make a cake for my Niece, Danielle’s, Bridal Shower.  Her wedding style is all the things I love in cake, er, um…weddings! Smile

Pretty, light, delicate, soft, bohemian style outdoorsy, flowery, ruffly, lacey…all sweetness and girly.

When I was asked to do her Bridal Shower cake I was given free reign on design and flavors.  Here is basically how it went down…

I’ve been making cakes for many years, but this does not mean that it is always uneventful.  There is always just one or two things that happen to go the wrong direction.  Almost always my own fault, doing something I know I shouldn’t, or not doing something I know I should.  Let’s just say that I have an entire chocolate cake layer in the freezer waiting to be made into a trifle someday.  The importance of cooling times is highly underrated! Smile

In the end the shower was absolutely lovely, the bride-to-be seemed to really love the cake (and that’s SUPER important).  The cake tasted pretty delicioso if you ask me!

Bottom Tier:  Mocha with fresh Raspberry Mousse filling.

Top Tier: Luschious Lemon with Lemon Curd/Buttercream Filling

Frosting: All Butter, Vanilla Buttercream…dreamy!

2 comments: