Monday, March 7, 2011

DIY - Thrift store side table



I've been an absentee blogger for a while... again.  LOL...been busy doing stuff.  I'll share one of the things I've been doing, and link up with The DIY Showoff today.

I bought this table for $10 at a Thrift Store...


It's not exactly my style, so I lightly sanded it all over and gave it 2 coats of white paint...


Then used 220 sandpaper to distress it a little bit at the edges... for a "worn" look....


Then placed it where I wanted it...


Then dressed it up...







4 comments:

  1. Oh I love how that turned out. I like the shape as soon as I saw it but agree it needed to be painted. LOL!
    I know you're probably going to switch out tables because I know you so well. Did you already try the round table there to see which you liked best?
    Do you need me to come over and help you? LOL!
    Love you my bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I was about to throw out some side tables in the dump, TODAY, but now I will go drop them off at Salvation Army, so some creative genius like you can do wonders with it!!

    LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks wonderful! I also think I am jealous of all your decorating talents! You are soooooo creative! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete