Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spiritual Sundays...

If you've ever felt the world crashing in around you, you can rest assured that we have a God who will stand and fight for us.  He IS our stronghold...we can have joy through struggles, because He IS our strength...



Deliver me from my enemies, O my God;
Set me securely on high away from those who rise up against me.

Deliver me from those who do iniquity
And save me from men of bloodshed.

For behold, they have set an ambush for my life;
Fierce men launch an attack against me,
Not for my transgression nor for my sin, O Lord,

For no guilt of mine, they run and set themselves against me.
Arouse yourself to help me, and see!

You, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel,
Awake to punish all the nations;
Do not be gracious to any who are treacherous in iniquity.  Selah.

They return at evening, they howl like a dog,
And go around the city.

Behold, they belch forth with their mouth;
Swords are in their lips,
For they say, "Who hears?"

But you, O Lord, laugh at them;
You scoff at all the nations.

Because of his strength I will watch for You,
For God is my stronghold.

My God in His lovingkindness will meet me;
God will let me look triumphantly upon my foes.

Do not slay them, or my people will forget;
Scatter them by Your power, and bring them down,
O Lord, our shield.

On account of the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips,
Let them even be caught in their pride,
And on account of curses and lies which they utter.

Destroy them in wrath, destroy them that they may be no more;
That men may know that God rules in Jacob
To the ends of the earth.

They return at evening, they howl like a dog,
And go around the city.

They wander about for food
And growl if they are not satisfied.

But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength;
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindess in the morning,
For You have been my stronghold
And a refuge in the day of my distress.

O my strength, I will sing praises to You;
For God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness.

Psalm 59

Please visit Spiritual Sundays to link up or read other uplifting blogs!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Psalm and awesome picture. thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! Thanks for such an awesome post. I love your words of affirmation at the beginning.
    So encouraging! And the Psalm and photo are beautiful. Have a blessed Spiritual Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an uplifting Psalm, thank you for sharing this encouragement today.
    blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring post. I like what you said about a stronghold....God has been sharing scriptures and words of wisdom on this subject for nearly a week right now...blessings abound in your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this great Psalm with us today. It is a great reminder of the power of our God.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete