Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Mish-Mash!

Hello  and Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a fun, refreshing weekend! :)

Well, here it is Monday, and I have a little bit of this and a little bit of that to share...


At what moment in time did "Girl Day" consist of trying on reading glasses at the dollar store????

Where is the video camera when you need it?  Where is a Dr. when you need one?  Yesterday we were doing yard work out front and I was playing around with my dog and the neighbor kids.  I was coming along the sidewalk in a "gonna get you" stance when my dog decided this would be a GREAT time to side swipe my knee!!!  She's a powerhouse ya'll.  She came around in a fast circle and took out my left knee, I went down fast, and ended up like a pile of body pieces on the sidewalk.  Funny thing, I didn't really hurt anything you'd think would hurt....at least not until this morning.  Ouch.  My knee hurts, my back aches...but I still love my dog...she's so cute...and REALLY, where was the video camera?  We coulda made some bucks on AFV! :)  Just for the record...this isn't the first time she's done this to me...LOL...but look how innocent she is...


Made another cake last week...for a Baby Shower...

Mary is still not here.  I am heading over to visit her today and she if she's up for changing her mind, or if she is still content and actually "happy" with her decision to stay.  It has gotten to the point where she is not wanting to talk at all about the possibility of leaving there... still not understanding what God is doing through all of this.  Maybe we aren't supposed to know just yet.  I've spent enough time being confused and frustrating myself trying to figure it out.  I've been praying a lot over the weekend and soaking in the Psalms...so now I am simply resting in Him about the whole thing...or trying to beyond my flesh. 

Hubby is working straight through his days off.... :(
BUT...taking a few days off after that... :)

We have decided to go away for a couple of days of refreshment...since we didn't exactly get a vacation this summer (you can go HERE, if you didn't hear about that bit of excitement, lol). 
We have no idea where we'll go or what we'll do...just SOMETHING! :)

This makes me smile...it's a part of my back garden, by my fountain...I love the blend of colors...


I'm so (NOT) excited about tomorrow.  What is happening you may ask?  I'll give you some hints. 
It involves being over 40, cold metal plates, humiliation, a smashing motion.....do you need more hints?  Yup, it's that time of the year again...
woo-hoo!.  Not fun.


Thursday is the First Day of Autumn...will you do anything to spruce up your home for the season?

10 comments:

  1. Well...that was a lot of good info in one post! I've had to check out the reading glasses, as well. Seems that everything after 40 is just a pain...including the cold-metal-plate-humiliation-smashing that gets done once year. It's a blast, isn't it?
    Your dog story made me giggle as both of our dogs have taken me out at one time or another. Once while I was walking down the street with both of them the littlest one got in front of me and tripped me. I fell down right on the sidewalk and fortunately only suffered a skinned knee and a little embarrassment. But...ya gotta love those four-legged little buggers. They add so much joy to life.
    Praying for you and Mary. Hope she finds comfort in her decision and that you find comfort in her decision, too. Maybe that's what God is trying to say...that we realize our comfort where we are at right at this moment.
    Peace and blessings to your day.
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Don't remind me!

    Think happy thoughts (like how you'd love to have your cold hands wrapped around the neck of that unemotional nurse! Oh wait! No, that's my thoughts!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy...Do I ever know how those precious boxers can take us down! They are like a horse and as strong too! ;) Hope your knee and back feel better soon but more than that your heart and mind about Mary! My heart is broken but I know God is in this and HE will provide all you need!

    Love the reading glasses! I have been WAITING for mine to get bad so that I CAN wear them! still waiting ;(

    I am sooo glad you get to go away soon! You NEED IT! I KNOW it won't matter where you go or what you do ....just so long as your together! :)

    Have a Happy Monday! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you my friend. I'm sorry I chickened out and didn't make an appointment with you. But can I just go and take headshots? LOL!
    You know we are praying for you guys and we'll have to plan a much funner girl day that doesn't involve trying on reading glasses!
    Love you my bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the reading glasses!! Girls day is fun no matter what you do!!

    So sorry to hear about Mary, I know you are heartbroken and I am praying for you!! God has a plan in all this, but I know how hard it is to be confused and wait it out too!!

    The cake is cute as can be!!

    So glad you guys are getting away for a few days!! Much needed after the stress you have had ever since his accident!!

    Love you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy. I was wondering what the status was with Mary. I hope she has a change of heart and finally decides to go home with you.

    And I love that cake you made!!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kathy!
    Thanks for stopping by today and for your heartfelt advice. I like your suggestion of a "fork full" instead of the whole plate. See...that's why I blogged it...to get perspective from my wise blog friends. Since writing my post this morning I've been thinking about it throughout the day. I think this is just all so new to me that I need to allow myself to savor it for a while. Allow myself some time to breathe a little.
    Hope you're having a great start to the week. You and Mary have been on my mind throughout this day. Hoping for more updates as this story progresses.
    Peace and blessings to your day.
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you didn't take me to try on reading glasses while I was there - I really missed out - LOL!

    I still have to do the cold-metal-plate thing for the first time, but REALLY must it be done every year after that? Sigh...not looking forward to it AT ALL. Uh...but I'm sure YOU'LL have fun - heh,heh. ;)

    Still praying for the Mary situation. I think right now God might just be asking you to be willing to make it happen and you are. Maybe that's all that He wants from you right now. As hard as it is, just keep trusting in Him to work it all out for your good and His glory!

    So glad you get to have a few days away - have a wonderful, relaxing time!!! Oh - and super cute cake!! And I'm hoping to decorate for Autumn during this week - yay!

    Love you my friend! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just trying to figure out how I missed your last few posts! Honestly, Idano where I've 'been' the past week or so... not all there, obviously. 8-}

    We're still praying for y'all and all the goings on in your life. Maybe God has postponed Mary's moving in till y'all can have those few days off. Do you think someone has messed with her mind about her decision? We mortals are much too prone to become so used to our situation that we feel we are as happy as we're going to be right where we are - or we just entrench ourselves in a 'the devil we know' mentality' - so it's easier to leave things be, knowwhutImeanVern? This has kinda been part of my own revelationary process this week. I'll be posting about that in a bit.

    Oh, and while I'm catching up... your cakes are AMAZING!!! I am so in awe of your talent!

    Love ya loads, sweet thang!
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, almost forgot... anytime you're having an x-ray, make sure you tell the doctor to protect your thyroid. Personally, I do not do the cold metal plate ritual, so I'm not sure if they take that into consideration. Always ask!

    ReplyDelete