I'm sure that the things I learned this week will seem like vanity, as if all I ever think about is my ever changing, daily aging body...well, I'm over 40 now and it does seem to weigh on my mind a bit, LOL...so this week will be dedicated to things I learned about my body... LOL...
This week I learned...
1. That I MIGHT not be eating enough calories per day to lose the weight I want to lose! Woo-Hooooo! Ok, I ALSO learned that I can't eat more chocolate to reach that caloric goal. I'm not a real big eater, but I've been having a hard time losing lately and even think I'm gaining weight - yikes!!!! I read in Prevention Magazine (the "over 40's mag of choice" LOL) that if we take in less than 1,200 calories a day, our metabolism will slow down to conserve energy so we don't starve (apparantly my body has not had a good look at itself lately - no starvation happenin' here). So the good news is, I can eat more! :)
2. I also, unfortunately, learned that there are 20 calories in one tsp. of raw sugar. I usually drink 2 cups of coffee each morning and (embarrassed to admit) 2 again in the afternoon around 3pm. I add 2 1/2 tsp. of raw sugar to each cup of coffee (UGH! I'm revealing all my bad habits here!)...that means that in coffee alone, I am wasting 200 calories in sugar (not to mention the whole milk / 1/2 n' 1/2 mixture I pour in there)! I found out that over 200 calories counts as a meal...that means I am almost making a meal out of sugar!!!!! Sooooo, I'm gonna have to give up something here...not sure exactly how to work that out, but somethin's gonna have to change!
3. I found out that if you set a timer to remind you of an e-bay auction and then leave the house for several hours, you will not win the auction...duh! ( I just glanced over at my timer and it was counting up from going off over 30 hours ago).
4. Weeds don't pick themselves... Ok, I knew this already, but it is constantly evident to me, LOL.
5. I learned that planning to go to lunch and clothes shopping with your best friend (she NEEDS me) is soooooo much better than taking your dog to the Vet when she REALLY doesn't need to go that bad... :)
Have a beautiful and blessed day!
"Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10
To find out what other's learned all week or to link up and write your own, visit Musings_Of_A_Housewife.