Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mid January Mish Mash...

Hello again! :)

Here we are almost mid-January, and SOME progress has been made with my "re-ogranization" and clean-up efforts...not much, but some. :)

After searching online for pre-made "Housecleaning Checklists"...I combined, clipped, cut, added and customized one for my home and our needs.  Now, ... to start using it. :)

I did manage to do a wee bit of "decluttering".  This is after just a TINY bit of cleaning out....it's truly amazing how much "stuff" we have that we  ~ A.  don't use, B. don't need, and C. don't even know we have!!!


 I re-organized the hall closet.  Happy.


Look, I can cross something off the list I posted in my last blog post!  Yee-haw!!!!  :)

*Do SOMETHING about that coffee table that is too big for your living room!

I found this on Craigslist.  I've been looking for a round coffe table FOREVER....it seems.  I didn't want it too big, or too small. Nothing modern, had to be REAL wood, and wanted it to have some sort of pretty design element.  This was a dark cherry stain when I got it.  I sanded it down, gave it several coats of an antique white paint and sanded away some areas for an "aged" look.  I LOVE it.  It's just what I wanted and now I have more space in that room! Yea!

I found the mirrors I want for our bedroom...now to paint them, and the dresser.  As you can see, I also found some cute Christmas gift tags on clearance.


I found these windows....relatively cheap.  I want to use them in my bedroom, I'm not exactly sure how or where, but I have a few ideas jumping around in my noggin.

My sweet hubby bought us passes to Busch Gardens for Christmas!  AND tickets to go see Mark Lowry, one of our favorite Comedians...the man is just funny...and can SING!  Wow. 

Soooo, in order to take our RV on a trip, we have been busy fixing it...remember the fire?  Yup.  We have replaced the carpet, made a new couch cover, refinished the burned wood, and now I am in the process of repairing the seats.  I have NEVER done this before...yikes. 
We literally took the "skin" off the drivers and passenger seats and I am replacing the burnt pieces.




I took about 750 thousand photos of every detail as I took it apart...yet STILL managed to sew it back together wrong...frustrating myself beyond belief.  Then after much sweat, furrowed brows, confusion and some tears, in a flash I realized my mistake.  Ahhhh, relief.  I am now on the road to recovery, lol.




Amidst this, I am making new curtains for my bedroom, hemming pants...and, uh...working on that quilt...still.




...and altering this dress.  OY!



My sweet friend is pregnant.  She was not so big when we fitted it, and I left some room for comfort.  I altered it.  She came back and BAM, that baby GREW!!!!  Now what?  No worries Jessica....Ms. Kathy WILL make it work.  So, I am going to pour Miracle Grow on it and see what happens.  Kidding!!! (just in case she's reading this).  Some sort of magic will happen and I'll let you know what it is when I figure it out.


Last night we had a light dinner, Potato Pancakes and steamed broccoli.  The entire house smelled so good after making that.  Oh yum.


How do you eat your Potato Pancakes?  My sister eats hers with applesauce or sour cream.  I like them just plain, or with a dab of ketchup.  Do you make them?  They are easy and sooooo delicious!  Shred 2 peeled potatoes, shred a small onion, mix them together and squeeze them a few times with paper towels to get out the moisture.  Add 1 egg, 1 Tbsp. flour, a little salt, pepper and garlic powder, stir it up.  Drop 4 blogs in a thin layer of hot olive oil, flatten with a spatula to make "pancakes"...fry until golden brown on both sides.  Set on paper towlels to drain.  EAT! :)


Today I am making my Rosemary Olive Oil bread...yum.  I have decided to make a double batch and share with my neighbors.  Here it is sponging overnight....night night dough bowls ~ sleep tight!




Our baby boy is still off fighting bad guys in Afghanistan.  Mom says "COME HOME NOW!"...

I wonder if he heard me?  *sigh*



He'll be back at the end of February.  This makes a Momma's heart happy.

Just for fun,....isn't she adorable?  :)

"Mom, I see a squirrell!"

"I'm gonna get it!"

"Um, where is it?  What did you do with it?"

"Is the squirrell coming back?"


And because it's always best to close on the happiest note...there is my man.  Have I ever told you how much I absolutely love my husband?  He's the best.  He's godly, smart, strong, loving, chivalrous, and funny, ... very, very funny. 

I love him!!!!!



9 comments:

  1. WoW! You have been buuuusssssyyyyyyy!!!!! I am in some kinda awe! More often than not, I stand surveying the chaos and haven't a clue where to even begin. But I think I'm about up to jumping - well, maybe gingerly stepping - in there and gittin' 'er dun.

    I totally LOVE that coffee table! When you get tired of it, just pack it up and send it my way! 8-]

    Re the dress, my first thought was to put one of those stretchy panels in the middle. (Can they be prettied up these days?) Would that look really weird? I can't quite tell, from the pic, if it's even possible.

    Love ya loads, my over-achieving friend! 8-}
    Have a JESUS-filled day! ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHEESH! That's a lot going on! I need a nap after reading it all! You are one busy lady! Can you "vibe" some of that energy on over here to give me a boost?
    Peace and blessings to your day!
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I need to be reorganizing EVERYTHING!! Love the coffee table, you did a fabulous job. Can't wait to see what you do with the windows...

    I make potato pancakes occasionally and I am with you, I like them plain.

    So glad you are fixing your RV and planning an outing. You guys are too cute.

    Super thrilled your son is coming home in Feb. I guess our boys will be passing each other as Shane will leave Feb. 25th.

    Love and blessings to you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a busy beaver my friend. And I know you'll figure out that dress situation. I'll be ready for some girl time when you get back. REALLY ready.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I was feelin' all good 'cause I actually finished my list of daily tasks. Then I come here and see that you've done ALL THIS - LOL!!! You are Super Woman! :) LOVE the coffee table my friend! And I have not had potato pancakes, so perhaps you should make me some. ;)

    Good job on all the RV fixing - still makes me nervous though! Hugs and Happy New Year!

    Oh and no wonder you were having a hard time - you were trying to do "re-OGRanization" instead of "re-ORGanization" - LOLOL!! You know I had to 'cause you would have, right? :) Hee,hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've had potato pancakes before, but I do love regular ones and eat 'em with syrup. I love googling cleaning lists and seeing what others are up to. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe of you! I always enjoy my visits here and your meandering posts. It's just like visiting with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have a busy fun life, love the yellow dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I feel like a lazy bum after I read this post! LOL! How nice to have that creative eye, and to see something, and know you can turn it into something else!!! It's great to read an updated post! I've missed ya!!

    And yum on those potato pancakes!!!

    ReplyDelete