Wednesday, December 7, 2011

They’re Engaged! :)

We are stepping into a new and exciting time in our lives.  Welcoming a new member to our family, lovely Christina, who will become our son’s wife sometime next year. 

Just over a week ago, Cris got down on one knee in front of a waterfall in the rainforests of Costa Rica and asked Christina to be his wife.  Smile

black and white

They came home for a short but oh so precious visit and we were able to throw them an engagement party to celebrate!  Though the time was short, I am so thankful for the time I had to spend talking with and getting to know my future daughter-in-law.  I look forward to the rest of our lives getting to grow closer.  She is a sweet blessing.

The first day was spent decorating the Christmas tree together.  It was such a special treat.  Christina had never decorated a “real” tree before so it was a first for her.  While we have had Cris home for Christmas many times since he left home, we haven’t been able to decorate the tree together in years.  This is one of my favorite things, so I was one happy Momma! Smile

 

Click on “Oh Christmas Tree” below to view the short slideshow.

 

Tomorrow…the Engagement Party…

5 comments:

  1. OH how wonderful!! They look so precious together. And chidlren in law, from my experience, and a treasure to behold! <3

    Congratulations to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I know you are excited too. Loved the pictures. How fun!
    Love you my bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored meeting Christina(my future sister in law, hee hee)! She is a true joy and is so perfect for Cris. :)

    big hugs, xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how EXCITING!!! How wonderful to be able to decorate all together! The Lord knows your Mommas heart...just makes me cry when HE blesses us in such SPECIAL WAYS!!!!

    Look forward to seeing the party! No doubt, you made it AMAZING for them!

    ReplyDelete