Monday, June 13, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge ~ Day 13

I'm participating in the June 30 Day Photo Challenge, if you want to see more participant photos, pop over HERE.





DAY 13 ~ REMINDS YOU OF CHILDHOOD

Meet Zip.  He is my monkey.  He is my friend. :)
He is 35 years old.  If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see the "K" I marked on his shoe...  He's mine...  do you feel the love yet?  :)

When I was a little girl I was incredibly in love with the idea of having a chimpanzee.  I REALLY wanted one BAD.  I imagined dressing him up and he would be like my little brother (I think being the baby of 6 really messed with me, lol). 

Well, even though I was a cute kid and had "baby" status...Mom informed me that I would not be able to have a little chimpanzee to dress and feed and love... oh how sad.  Instead, she told me to pick out a special toy from the JC Penney Catalog. 

So I sat at the dining table and thumbed through the pages and almost fell out of my chair when I saw Zip.  He was PERFECT.  At that time, he wore a yellow t-shirt with the name ZIP in red letters, a little red hat, held a banana in his hand, AND if you squeezed his arm, he would squeek!

Mom ordered this gift just for me, and I waited and waited (it wasn't like it is nowadays, no 2 day delivery...AND we lived in England).  One day I came home from school and my Mom sat me down and sang me a song... I wonder if anyone remembers this song??? 





Then she told me to go and look on my bed.  there was Zip... in all his glory! LOL :)




3 comments:

  1. I love that you still have Zip after all these years! I still have a few things from my childhood that Faith now plays with. Which reminds me...I'm supposed to send you a photo of my Barbie townhouse...WITH the elevator! I'll have to try to get around to that.
    Hope you had a great weekend.
    Peace and blessings.
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...it's Kim that I'm supposed to send the photo to. I get you two "peas in a pod" mixed up sometimes!
    Still wishing you peace and blessings, though!
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Jeanine, yes it's me you need to send that to.
    Kathy how special your Mom made that day. What a fun memory even though that monkey kind of creeps me out. LOL!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete