Everything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas...
I'm sure you've been wanting to ask me these questions all year long, right???? LOLOLOL
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely homemade Hot Chocolate,...I especially love Abuelitas Mexican Hot Chocolate, because that's what my grandmother use to make for us from scratch, mmmmmm. As for egg-nog, if I love the taste, but can't deal with the thickness,...I like to mix it with skim milk to make it easier on me. But I LOVE Egg Nog Ice Cream punch! :)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well, we don't do Santa...sorry. Now, don't get me wrong, present show up mysteriously in the middle of the night for certain, but they are either from Jesus, or Mom and Dad. My parents always set up our gifts UNwrapped, and the display was amazing to see (there were 6 kids, so imagine tea parties set up with new dolls, barbies townhouse set up with furniture and a new Ken doll, guitars on stands, battleship games set up ready to play, etc... - it was really cool to wake up to that.
But I never followed that tradition, I guess since I had only one child?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? On the tree I do white, because it goes with the theme I use. I use to do colored and may start again next year because I kinda miss them. On the house we do a white red and green color theme, kinda like a gingerbread house look. On the inside of the house I string colored lights in various places.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, most definitely...I LOVE kisses! :)
5. When do you put your decorations up? Beginning the first day of December.
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? I am assuming this means "food", not dessert soooo, I guess this yummy tenderloin roast I made one year, that really sticks out.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My Mom always placed a small gift at the foot of our beds while we were sleeping. So, when we woke up, we were allowed to open that one gift before we got our parents up - I loved carrying that tradition through to my son.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I had 5 older siblings, I don't ever remember believing in Santa, so there was not "moment of truth".
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Absolutely, this has been a family tradition for as long as I can remember.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have a Jesus themed tree. White Lights=stars in the sky, Red balls=blood shed for us, White balls=His purity, Gold balls=Gifts of gold for royalty. I also have clear glass ornaments and several of the colored balls have names of Christ (Lamb of God, Friend, Messiah, etc...) written on them. I have these white hearts that have the attributes of Christ on them (faithful, loving, kind, just, etc...). I also add candy canes because they are like a "J" for Jesus, and they are red and white! :)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow, I don't live in or near it, so that's easy to say. But I do remember having snow at Christmas as a child and it is such a wonderful memory...I love snow.
12. Can you ice skate? Actually, yes. Just your basic skating style, don't think I'm doing loops and stuff, LOL.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Funny, I actually STILL HAVE my favorite gift. When I was 9 yrs old, I picked out a stuffed Chimp named "Zip" from the Sears catalog. He didn't make it in time for Christmas, but showed up a few weeks later and I loved him dearly. He sits on my bed to this day and my name is still marked in pen on the bottom of his shoe. :)
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating the wonderful gift of Jesus, the music that makes me feel all hapyp and warm inside, seeing lights on the houses, the smells of cookies baking, laughter, family and friends, watching people open their gifts!!! :)
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Buche De Noel, a rolled very light cake with a mocha filling and dark chocolate coating. I learned how to make it about 25 years ago in my High School French class and still have the original copy (remember that blue ink from those big rolling copy machines we had?)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Oh, I have 2....Christmas Eve, we do our "Drive to see the Lights" tradition....and, My Christmas Day dinner, when my best friend Kim and her family join us....it's so much fun to menu plan and decorate the table, watch everyone open gifts. I love it!
17. What tops your tree? A bright star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Totally giving...I love to wrap gifts, and make them all sparkly and pretty and I LOVE watching people open them.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I could eat one a year, but they are a MUST for the tree.
20 Favorite Christmas Show? That's got to be a "Charlie Brown Christmas". :)
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Hmmmm...I'm dreaming of a White Christmas? Because it just ain't gonna happen here in Sunny Florida!
22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh, this is easy. Words can hardly define what I feel when I hear David Phelps sing O Holy Night. He doesn't just "sing" it, he FEELS it, and you will too when you watch this...TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP, and get some tissue, you will be ushered into the throne room of the King...at least that's what it does to me!